The Datapath DPadapt module is an active DisplayPort to DVI converter which allows the Datapath ImageDP4 graphics card to drive legacy single-link DVI monitors at up to 165Mpixels/s.
Unlike other DisplayPort to DVI converters which have short, fixed DisplayPort connections, the DPadapt can accept a long input cable, allowing it to exploit the improved cable driving performance of the DisplayPort signal standard. Using a 20m Datapath DisplayPort cable, and a standard 5m DVI output cable, a 25m run the DVI monitor is possible - all powered over the Datapath cable from the Datapath ImageDP4 video graphics card.
By combining a DPextend and a DPadapt module, it is possible to reach cable runs of up to 45m, with no additional power supplies required.
- Active DisplayPort to DVI conversion at up to up to 1920x1200
- Supports up to 20m DisplayPort input cables
- Supports single link DVI-D output
- Powered from the Datapath ImageDP4 video graphics card
- Supports HDCP
- Supports full access to the EDID of the DVI monitor