THE MODERN SECURITY SUITE: Security Suites require a great deal of information to be viewed, processed and actioned. Security operators not only require instant access to the correct camera feed but also need to present and share it to a wider audience. These demands mean video walls are becoming a must-have feature of modern Security rooms, and are being used to present a wider number of sources to operational teams. Using video walls allows IP and CCTV feeds to be put on a larger surface but the inclusion of locally captured inputs, browser windows and local media ensures that critical information is available to all. Having a single all in one solution is critical to the smooth operation of the security suite. Operators must be able to maintain their focus at all times and not have to worry about dealing with more software applications than necessary. Datapath’s WallControl 10 plug-in for Milestone allows users of Milestone’s XProtect security suite to directly add content to the video wall from within the XProtect interface.
INTEGRATED VIDEO WALL CONTROL: Using WallControl 10 for Milestone XProtect, workstation operators are able to seamlessly drive video walls directly without needing to constantly switch between different applications. The WallControl 10 plug-in is available in both the “Live” and “Playback” tabs within XProtect. Using the simple interface operators can send live or recorded camera feeds to the video wall. At the click of a button the plug-in can be used to send a single camera to the wall or all of the cameras present in the View. For those times when responding to on an ongoing incident and sending content to the video wall, the operator is able to “Track My View”. Tracking to the video wall will automatically display what is in the operators view without further interaction. Tracking allows the wall to be populated in real time allowing operators to focus on their ongoing tasks. A variety of content types can be delivered to the video wall from XProtect including; live IP video, carousels, browser windows and image files such as maps or schematics.
ZONES: The WallControl 10 plug-in utilises an innovative zonal system. For each video wall on the system, a number of zones can be defined. Each of these zones can be pre-programed in advance and be made up of either multiple screens or part of a screen. Operators simply select the zone they wish to work with and content
- Share View - This feature takes the camera feeds from within the operator “View” and displays them on the video wall within the selected zone.
- Track My View - Selecting Track my View will automatically send the cameras from each operator view to the video wall without the need for the operator to share each time
- Extract Cameras - If the user view contains camera carousels, whereby a number of cameras can be cycled in a loop, the Extract feature allows the cameras currently “on top” to be sent to the video wall.
- Deploy Layout files - As is possible when using WallControl 10, XProtect users are able to deploy saved layout files onto the video wall.
- User Rights Management - The WallControl 10 plug-in works alongside Milestone’s User Rights Management component. Each XProtect user can be assigned a role. Each role is given a priority.
- Camera Discovery - WallControl 10 for Milestone XProtect will recognise all cameras that are available within Milestone’s recording server and automatically populate WallControl 10 with the correct settings making the set up process simple.
- INSTALLATION - WallControl 10 for Milestone XProtect is installed on the Milestone management server and event server as well as the client that needs to be able to use the video wall. In addition a Milestone ONVIF Bridge will be required.
- COMPATIBILITY - The Plug-in is supported in the following versions of Milestone XProtect: Corporate 2018 and 2019 R1, R2 and R3, Express+, Professional and Expert.
- WallControl 10 for Milestone XProtect requirements: Datapath VSN OR iolite system with WallControl 10 Pro installed.
- AVAILABLE LANGUAGES - WallControl 10 for Milestone XProtect software is available in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Turkish.