The new FUJIFILM flagship UA Series of 4K 2/3" lenses is the world-first for Ultra HD Broadcast applications. The UA80x9 delivers true 4K optical quality which is a hallmark FUJINON “ZK series” of cine lenses. The optical quality is based on large diameter aspherical elements designed by their latest optical simulation system. Also, the lens achieves 4K UHD optical performance from center to corner throughout the zoom range while suppressing image distortion due to a multi-group zoom system. Designed to produce the ultimate performance from today’s new 4K 2/3" Ultra HD cameras.
The UA80x9 employs the latest High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating (HT-EBC) resulting in richer colors and greatly improved blue response and transmittance. HT-EBC, coupled with Fujifilm’s exclusive Aspheric Technology, reduces ghost and flare and increases light transmission. A proprietary anti-fogging design minimizes lens fogging and reduces downtime due to moisture-a critical concern when shooting in all types of weather conditions.
The UA80x9 offers FUJINON’s DIGI POWER digital controls (featuring F number limit), Quick Zoom, two-shot presets, a 2X extender, and other precision digital functions increasing production flexibility. The UA80x9 features a patented image stabilization technology OS-TECH, for rock-steady performance, which is especially critical for long-distance HD shots.
- With broadcasting technology rapidly converting to digital, Fujinon has developed a new digital servo control system, DIGI POWER, to enhance the performance of its zoom lenses
- RS232 connector in the lens provides a connection between the lens and a PC, or other control device, for external control
- Quick Zoom speed is improved to 0.7 seconds end to end. Quick Zoom provides for a rapid zoom movement to the telephoto position to check focus with the simple push of a button
- Releasing the button returns the lens to the previously selected zoom position
- Quick Zoom can now be performed remotely from the ERD-T22 and ERD-10A-D01
- OS-TECH (Optical Stabilization) contains sensors to detect the slightest movement horizontally or vertically that could cause vibration
- A correction signal is applied to the optical correction system, which helps to maintain a stable image while shooting from an unstable platform