Exterity AvediaStream Transcoders are high performance content transformation tools that enable content to be easily converted into a compatible format for delivery to the users preferred viewing device, whether that’s a TV/display screen, a computer or a mobile device.
The Exterity AvediaStream Transcoder range caters for a broad range of streaming requirements and is capable of off-line (file-to-file) transcoding, live transcoding and streaming.
Different transcoding activities require varying amounts of system resource. To help identify the remaining transcoding capacity, the AvediaStream t5300/t5600 track the activity of the device in real time, displaying an easy-to-read usage chart in the user interface.
Find out more at http://www.exterity.com/products/avediastream/transcoders
- Enable real-time delivery of video and audio content to any device, keeping end users up to date and entertained, wherever they are
- Extend the reach of enterprise IP video by distributing audiovisual content to a broad range of devices
- Stream an unlimited number of high definition TV channels to mobile devices – without consuming internet bandwidth
- Scale: reduce or increase the resolution of the image, for example, from 1080i to 360p
- Transcode: change the encoding of the video and/or audio; for example, MPEG-2 to H.264
- Transrate: alter the compression and therefore the transmission bit rate, regardless of whether the codec type is changed or not, for example, go from 6Mbps to 500kbps
- Transpose: rotate the video (270 degrees) for use in portrait video applications, such as digital signage or airport flight information displays
- Transcast: re-encapsulate stream transport container format to match playback devices or convert between multicast and unicast to pass through routed networks
- With a range of Transcoders developed to provide varying levels of transcoding power to match solution requirements (see Related Products and Documents for more detail)