The VITEC Playout Server allows organizations to deliver content anywhere, anytime. It provides a central location where IPTV streams can be received and transmitted. VITEC Playout Server can receive unlimited Zixi™ protected streams from any network (including the internet) and forward them as a user defined multicast or unicast MPEG Transport Stream over UDP (UDP TS).
Used in conjunction with VITEC's MGW portable encoders and decoders, the platform supports H.264 and bandwidth-efficient HEVC streams with stream protection technology for delivering reliable video streams across lossy networks (up to 30% packet loss) ensuring consistent video quality and a smooth playback. When used in conjunction with VITEC’s MGW Ace Encoder, and its high quality/low bandwidth HEVC Gen2 codec, the platform provides a perfect solution to enable contribution over the Internet and avoids the use of expensive and less flexible fiber or satellite transmission infrastructure, leading to a dramatic reduction of operating expenses (OPEX).
The Playout Server allows simplified content delivery of encoded digital news feeds, government full motion video (FMV), and house of worship or sports venue channels over lossy networks.
- Centralized contribution server for simplified stream management
- Automatically capture and preview unlimited Zixi Protected streams
- Distribute received streams as MPEG Transport Streams over UDP (UDP TS)
- Support H.264 and low-bandwidth HEVC streams
- Easy setup, easy to use and scalable
- Key Applications:
- Multi-site content distribution
- Digital news gathering from the Internet and field broadcast IP streaming
- House of worship or sports venue in-house distribution
- Full motion video stream management and distribution